The Custom Illustration package gets you a beautifully rendered, bestseller-quality illustrated cover in both ebook and print formats, tailored to the specific needs of your novel, your genre, and your marketing plan. This package is the most customizable of all of our options.
- 1 Original Illustration
- A stunning digital painting rendered to your exact specifications. You want detail? This is where you get it! We will work with you to bring your vision to life.
- 1 Hi-Res eBook Cover
- Upload-ready ebook cover file based on the original illustration.
- 1 Hi-Res Print Cover
- Wrap-around cover based on the original illustration, formatted for Createspace, Ingram Spark, or any other POD service. Includes spine and back cover.
- 1 3d Book Mockup
- Choose from a range of high-quality 3d book mockups (paperback, hardback, tablet, phone, or any combination of the above) to add to your marketing arsenal.
- 3 Social Media/Marketing Graphics
- Your choice of a Facebook cover photo, Twitter header, Instagram graphic, website banner, or hero image.
HOW IT WORKS
- You order your Custom Illustration Cover package, and within 24 hours, a member of our amazing design team will get in touch with you to discuss your novel and find out exactly what you’re looking for in a cover.
- Within the following week, you’ll receive at least five preliminary sketches with different compositions, styles, and color palettes to choose from.
- You choose the sketch that wows you the most, and then we’ll get to work.
- We’ll send you regular updates as the illustration progresses, giving you the opportunity to make changes and refine the image. Our contract offers anywhere up to five rounds of revisions, and we make them count. Most of our clients don’t use more than two.
- The final 50% of the fee isn’t due until you’re 100% satisfied.
- Once final payment is received, we’ll send you the hi-res files for both print and ebook, along with your 3d book mockup and social media/marketing graphics.
Book Cover Illustration Agreement
It is our goal to help you achieve the best possible design for your cover. We feel it’s best to have a few simple things written down to maintain clear expectations. In this contract, you won’t find any complicated legal terms or large passages of unreadable text. We have no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret. We do want what’s best for the safety of both parties, now and in the future.
You, the Client, are hiring us, the Artist (Vivid Covers) to illustrate one (1) digitally painted book cover for the estimated total price of _$299.00_.
We will illustrate, design, and format a cover for both ebook and print, as well as three (3) requested promotional images, and a 3D book mockup. This artwork will be based on one of five (5) preliminary sketches provided upon commencement of the project, as chosen by you, the Client.
The cover will be original artwork, unique to this novel. The final product will be delivered in a digital JPEG format for eBook, according to Amazon specifications, and in PDF format as required by a print-on-demand service such as Createspace.
It is our responsibility, as the Designer, to acquire the necessary resources, including any and all image and typeface licenses, and combine them according to your specifications and feedback.
It is your responsibility, as the Client, to provide us with clear feedback and sign-off approval in a timely manner, and to honor the payment schedule as defined below.
Changes and Revisions
This language is here primarily to make sure this project doesn’t go on forever and ever into eternity. Very few projects require more than five rounds of revisions, and we’ll do our absolute best to make sure you get the end result you were hoping for. If we need to make very large, fundamental changes to the preliminary design, we’ll treat that as a new project and issue a new estimate.
The estimated total fee at the beginning of this document is based on the time we estimate we will need to complete the project, based on our current instructions and feedback from you.
We are committed to your satisfaction with the end product, and will work with you to adjust the design to fit your vision. This contract provides for five (5), and up to five (5) rounds of revisions. Any revisions requested after that point will incur additional charges as outlined in the Payment Schedule.
Should you change your mind on the preliminary sketch after painting has begun, we will issue an estimate for the newly agreed-upon design. You will have the opportunity to accept the new estimate, which will be added to an amended contract, or cancel the contract.
Upon cancellation of the contract, you will pay us in full for any work produced or images acquired prior to that point.
This means that you get to keep an eye on how the project is progressing and request up to five rounds of revisions at no additional cost.
It is your right as the client to oversee the progress of the project. We will provide work-in-progress images to you throughout the illustration process. You will have the opportunity to request revisions at any of these points, up to the five (5) rounds outlined above, at no additional cost.
The following indicates that once the cover is completed, and you have paid in full for it, you (and only you) can use it as a book cover, and in any way necessary to promote your book (web graphics, banners, bookmarks, tshirts, skywriting, you name it). If you decide to stop using the artwork (for instance, if you decide to get a new cover for your book) all rights will revert to us after a period of five years. We’ll let you know at least 90 days before that happens, to give you the opportunity to put the artwork back into use and retain those rights.
In all circumstances, we retain the right to claim the artwork as our own, and display it in our portfolio or on our website.
Upon completion and full payment, the Artist licenses the Client exclusive, worldwide use of the completed cover in conjunction with use as a book cover, and all materials necessary for promotion of said book.
The Artist reserves all rights of attribution and use in the Artist’s portfolio.
Should the Client cease use of the artwork for cover and promotional use for a period of five (5) years, all granted rights will revert to the Artist. The Artist will make every reasonable effort to notify the Client of this reversion of rights at least ninety (90) days prior. The Client also has the option, at their discretion, to allow reversion of rights upon request of the Artist, at any point.
Upon acceptance of the preliminary design concept, you, the Client, agree to pay _50%_ of the total _$299.00_ estimated fee. This amount is non-refundable.
The remainder will be due upon final acceptance of the design, prior to the delivery of the full size cover image.
Any requested revisions after the five (5) rounds provided for within this contract will be completed at a commission rate of _$35_ per hour, with a one hour minimum. We will quote the estimated time necessary to complete any revision prior to beginning that work, to be sure that the project doesn’t exceed your budget.
We require a _50%_ deposit to begin work. This amount will be deducted from the estimated _$299.00_ total due upon completion of the project. To agree to these terms, please add this product to your cart and render the deposit via our checkout.