Our amazing illustrator R. Haskell has been designing and illustrating book covers for seven years. In that time, she’s fielded a lot of questions from the author community.
- How do I find a good designer, and how do I know they’re right for me?
- What info does my designer need, and how do I communicate my ideas?
- How do I give feedback?
- What amount of involvement can I expect?
- What’s a good price point?
- What do I do if it all goes wrong?
This guide will answer all those questions and more. Everything you wanted to know about the process of working with a designer to get the cover your book needs.